What to Expect from Your Consultation Appointment?
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- May 2011
- November 2010
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- March 2009
- December 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- June 2008
- April 2008
- September 2007
- April 2007
You may be considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure and it’s likely that you have lots of questions. We expect this, which is why at Southeastern Plastic Surgery, consultation appointments are designed to provide all the time you need to make a good decision.
What should you expect to accomplish at a consultation?
- Your physician should ask about your thoughts to the recommended
treatment and offer alternatives, where appropriate.
- Your doctor and his or her staff should welcome questions about your procedure, his or her professional qualifications, experience, costs and payment policies.
- You should understand clearly the risks of surgery and possible outcomes.
- It’s important that the final decision is left to you.
What questions should you ask when selecting a plastic surgeon?
- Ask if your physician is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Remember that all ASPS members are board certified in plastic surgery, and they only perform surgery in accredited facilities.
- Make sure your physician is board-certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Other questions to consider:
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get optimal results?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- Will I need to take time off work? If so, how long?
The staff at Southeastern Plastic Surgery welcomes your consultation appointment and looks forward to answering your questions.
To learn more or to set up a consultation appointment,
call Southeastern Plastic Surgery at 850.219.2000.
Posted in General Information on August 15th, 2008
Don't miss out on the latest "Hot Topics",
offers and latest news in our e-newsletter.
You are invited to
Topics include Skin Care and Technology, Breast, Body and Facial Rejuvenation.
Space is limited, make your
complimentary reservations today.
Find Out More
Best of Tallahassee Readers Choice Poll 2012