You may be considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure and it’s likely that you have lots of questions. We expect this, which is why at Southeastern Plastic Surgery, consultation appointments are designed to provide all the time you need to make a good decision.
What should you expect to accomplish at a consultation?
- Your physician should ask about your thoughts to the recommended
treatment and offer alternatives, where appropriate.
- Your doctor and his or her staff should welcome questions about your procedure, his or her professional qualifications, experience, costs and payment policies.
- You should understand clearly the risks of surgery and possible outcomes.
- It’s important that the final decision is left to you.
What questions should you ask when selecting a plastic surgeon?
- Ask if your physician is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Remember that all ASPS members are board certified in plastic surgery, and they only perform surgery in accredited facilities.
- Make sure your physician is board-certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Other questions to consider:
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get optimal results?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- Will I need to take time off work? If so, how long?
The staff at Southeastern Plastic Surgery welcomes your consultation appointment and looks forward to answering your questions.
To learn more or to set up a consultation appointment,
call Southeastern Plastic Surgery at 850.219.2000.