Our Commitment to You
Southeastern Plastic Surgery (SPS) wants you to know that nothing is more important to us than your health, and we are doing everything we can to ensure patients, their families, and our community remain safe. We are following the most stringent protocols and safety measures to protect you from exposure to COVID-19. SPS understands the critical need for clear communication and it is our pledge to provide you with the most up to date information as quickly as possible.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you are scheduled for an upcoming appointment with SPS, please notify your provider in advance if you are experiencing the COVID-19 symptoms listed below. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment and will be given instructions for further care.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
Symptoms can appear 2-14 days after exposure and can range from mild to severe.
If you are scheduled for an upcoming appointment with SPS, and have done any of the following within the past 14 days, you will need to call our office to reschedule your appointment:
- Traveled or been in contact with someone who has traveled internationally or been on a cruise ship.
- Traveled to New York, New Jersey, California, Chicago, Washington D.C, or Albany, Georgia
- Participated in a group gathering of more than 10 people (i.e. – airports, funerals, weddings, social events)
Patient Safety Protocols
Below are precautionary protocols that have been implemented in our office to help ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- At each entrance to the office, there is a notice posted on the door with detailed instructions on whether or not you should enter the building or contact our staff.
- Prior to entry, you will be greeted by one of our staff members who will take your temperature and ask you a series of questions. If you have any of the symptoms* or travel related issues listed above, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. *Please note that if you have a fever, you will not be allowed to enter the building. Your provider will be notified and you will be contacted for further instruction.
- Please do not arrive until 5 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you check in prior to that time, you will be ask to either sit in your car or wait outside until a staff member calls you.
For added safety, we request that you do not bring guests along with you to your appointment, unless medically necessary. If you need assistance, we ask that you limit it to one guest.
Safety and Cleaning Protocol
At SPS cleanliness and keeping our patient and employee areas sanitized is a top priority. We understand that COVID-19 is a major concern, so rest assured that we will continue to practice mindful safety protocols such as hand hygiene (i.e. soap or hand sanitizer) before and after handling patient documents and office medical equipment, as well as before and after caring for patients, and after visits to the restroom.
All medical equipment and exam tables are thoroughly sanitized before patients enter a room, and communal items such as magazines and toys have been removed from our waiting rooms. We are disinfecting our waiting areas, along with the restrooms, doors, chairs, etc., every hour.