2030 Fleischmann Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (850) 219-2000
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Tuesday thru Thursday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday: 6:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Breast augmentation, or augmentation mammoplasty, increases breast volume and creates shapelier, more feminine contours for women who are unsatisfied with their current breast size or shape. At Southeastern Plastic Surgery, P.A. in Tallahassee, FL, breast augmentation patients come from Destin and Lake City, FL; Dothan, AL; Valdosta, GA; and many smaller communities in between.
When you meet with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons, he’ll consult closely with you to determine the most effective treatment plan and make sure you achieve your best possible results.
What Does Breast Augmentation Do?
Breast augmentation is a highly customizable procedure that can:
- Compensate for a lack of natural breast tissue
- Enlarge breasts that are not in proportion with the body
- Correct lost volume after pregnancy or weight loss
- Balance asymmetry in the breasts
The procedure is not designed to correct sagging breasts. If you’re experiencing significant sagging and loss of volume, we may recommend combining your augmentation with a breast lift.
Who Is a Candidate?
Ideal candidates are physically healthy, have fully developed breasts, and are not pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s also important for candidates to maintain a positive outlook and realistic expectations for their results.
Meet Our Physicians
Our skilled physicans understand the profound difference even a small change on the outside can make on the inside. They are dedicated to providing high-quality care in a supportive, compassionate setting.
What Are My Breast Implant Options?
We are proud to offer silicone and saline Mentor® implants, which are manufactured here in the U.S.
The choice between saline and silicone is a personal one. Each option offers unique benefits.
- Saline: These are comprised of a silicone shell filled with sterile saltwater. While they tend to be a cost-effective option, they’re more likely to show rippling and may have a less natural feel. They’re FDA-approved for women 18 years or older.
- Silicone: These consist of a silicone shell filled with thick silicone gel. While these typically come at a higher price point, most women say they look and feel more like natural breast tissue. They’re FDA-approved for women 22 years or older.
The implant may be placed directly behind the breast tissue (subglandular) or beneath the chest wall muscle (submuscular).
Breast implants can be placed using a variety of incisions. Your implant material, anatomy, and other factors will affect your surgeon’s selection.
- Inframammary: Along the crease under the breast
- Periareolar: Semicircle around the bottom of the areola
- Transaxillary: Hidden inside the armpit
Should your implant desires change for any reason, our surgeons may also perform breast revision surgery to remove or replace your existing implants.
What Happens During Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery typically lasts 1 to 1.5 hours and is performed on an outpatient basis at our licensed onsite surgery center. You’ll be placed under general anesthesia during the surgery. After making an incision, your surgeon will place the implant into a pocket created within the breast and close the area using absorbable sutures. You’ll wake up in our comfortable recovery room and will be sent home after a few hours with detailed instructions for at-home care.
How Long Is Breast Augmentation Recovery?
Your incisions will be covered with tape for a week or 2 as your sutures are naturally absorbed. Most patients return to daily activities within the first week and resume strenuous upper body activity after 3 to 4 weeks.Back to Top