If you are considering multiple plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, a tummy tuck, or liposuction at our Tallahassee plastic surgery practice, you may have heard some buzz about the term “mommy makeover.” This term has become widely popular among moms for its ability to restore the body to the way it looked before baby. Don’t let the name fool you, though—mommy makeovers aren’t just for mommies.
What exactly is a mommy makeover, and is it right for you? Read on to get answers to these questions and more.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of breast enhancement and body contouring procedures. Although it is popular for women looking to reclaim their bodies after pregnancy, you don’t have to be a mother to enjoy the benefits. It is an ideal approach for anyone who wants to achieve multiple breast and body improvements, all within the same surgery.
What does a mommy makeover include?
While each surgery is customized to address individual needs, most mommy makeovers include a combination of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation: Restore volume to the breasts or achieve the size increase you have always wanted with breast implants.
- Breast lift: Lift drooping breasts to a more youthful position and shape. Learn about the benefits of combining breast augmentation and a breast lift in this previous blog post.
- Breast reduction: Remove excess breast tissue to achieve a more proportional breast size and alleviate discomfort.
- Tummy tuck: Tighten loose skin and stretched muscles on the abdomen, which are common after pregnancy.
- Liposuction: Reduce stubborn excess fat in the abdomen, arms, legs, hips, back, and more.
You and your plastic surgeon will work closely together during your consultation to design a procedure tailored to your body and your cosmetic goals.
Why choose a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover offers many benefits for the right candidates, including:
- Customization: Personalize your transformation from head to toe so you enjoy exactly the results you are looking for.
- Faster recovery: Recover from multiple surgeries at once, which spares you weeks of recovery time compared to having each procedure done separately.
- Affordability: Only pay one set of anesthesia and facility fees and save on the total cost of your transformation.
It also offers the intangible benefit of rediscovered confidence in your body, especially after changes caused by weight loss or pregnancy.
How much does a mommy makeover cost?
The cost of a mommy makeover at our Tallahassee practice varies depending on the procedures included. RealSelf users report a national average cost of $12,650, ranging from $5,000 to $20,000
It’s important to remember that you should always choose a surgeon based on expertise and never shop by price alone. When it comes to your safety and your results, it’s worth investing in the very best.
To see examples of the results you can achieve through various mommy makeover procedures, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon in Tallahassee about the possibilities of your mommy makeover, please contact us online or call (850) 219-2000.